Wanted: Teachers Seeking to Relocate
Where are the best places to look for teaching jobs in the United States? While many candidates have family, home, or community ties that prevent them from relocating to a new city, there seems to be an increasing number of college graduates who are excited about the opportunities to relocate to new areas, begin their teaching career, and experience a new lifestyle. Those who have the freedom to move are looking for places with;
- Teacher Shortages
- High Quality of Life
- Low Cost of Living
To find these places, look for economic growth trends and population booms. Also, look for places that do not have an excess of teacher colleges as these areas will have a less competitive job market. For instance in the Northeast/Mid-Atlantic United States benefits to teaching are;.
- Higher Pay
- Very close to several of the largest metropolitan cities in the U.S.
- Easy access to public transportation, shopping centers, and nightlife
Benefits to teaching in the South include;
- Low cost of living
- Beautiful climate and weather
- Many cities are rapidly expanding in the South providing more opportunities to secure jobs
Benefits to teaching in the West/Midwestinclude;
- Access to several of the nation's national parks
- Higher quality of life
- Less competition for teaching jobs
Urban District Benefits;
- Higher Pay
- Making a difference
- Access to cultural experiences, plays, museums, etc.
To find a listing of available teaching jobs in the U.S. go to our Homepage
and Register to have access to our database of open positions. http://www.teacherssupportnetwork.com/Home.do